16 - 19研究计划
All students funded through the 16 to 19 funding methodology must be enrolled on a study programme, which typically combines qualifications and other activities, and is tailored to each student’s prior attainment and career goals. At St Bernard’s our study programmes combine the following elements:
Students are able to study a combination of 3 or 4 Level 3 courses at St Bernard’s including a range of A level subjects and Btec courses. We also offer a Level 2 course in Business Administration to prepare students for further study.
英语和数学 are essential skills for the future. Students who have not yet achieved a GCSE grade 4 in one or both of these subjects are supported in continuing their study to achieve this.
3. 职业生涯 Advice and Opportunities, UCAS guidance and 工作经验
A programme of 职业生涯 Education and Guidance is provided for our students. 主题包括:
- Choosing your 高er Education - all Year 12 students attend a 高er Education Super Fair in June
- Making 高er Education Applications
- Preparing your Personal Statement
- Finance - Student Loans: Scholarships and Bursaries.
- Summer 学校s; Taster Days; Internships
- All students have the opportunity to have a 职业生涯 Guidance Interview with our 职业生涯 Coordinator
4. Personal Development and Enrichment
All students receive a comprehensive series of Personal, Social and Health Education lessons throughout their time in 六年级. This covers a range of topics such as: study skills, 急救, 赌博, 性别歧视和厌女症, 互联网安全, 携带武器的危险, 心理健康和福祉, 痴呆和女性生殖器切割.
符合正规买球app的校风, students also attend regular General 宗教研究 lessons where they have opportunities to explore moral and ethical issues that come up in society today, such as euthanasia and crime and punishment. They also look at things that religious people take part in across different religions such as pilgrimage and festivals.
Students benefit from time as a group with their form tutors each morning where they complete a range of activities including a weekly quiz, 讨论时事, 指导谈话, prayer and discussion of the theme of the week.
St Bernard’s is fortunate to have a dedicated and well-qualified Expedition Team who recognise the benefits that these opportunities afford to students. 该队成功获得铜牌, Silver and Gold Expeditions and training open to all students who wish to take part.
At 六年级, students are invited to take part in the 爱丁堡公爵 Gold Award.
There are opportunities for keen participants to improve their leadership skills by supporting Bronze participants – at after 原理图ool training sessions, 训练行走和探险.
Arts Award inspires young people to grow their arts and leadership talents: it's creative, valuable and accessible and is another award that students can get involved in at the 原理图ool.
Students will research the world of the arts and take individual responsibility for leading an arts project.
The 运动领袖 Award gives opportunities to lead groups in safe sporting and recreational activity, encouraging responsibility for others, developing organisational and communication skills and instilling confidence in people for whom leading groups in sporting activities is a new experience. The majority of the course is practical in nature with an emphasis on learning through doing.
- 头的学生 & Deputy 头的学生s apply, interview and then campaign in January of Year 12. The team are elected as a result of a whole 原理图ool vote giving students experience of democracy and an election process.
- 房子船长 & Deputy 房子船长 – Year 12 students can apply for these roles after the election of the 头的学生 Team
- Learning Ambassadors – 六年级 students apply for this role to support younger students in the 原理图ool
- Welcome Ministry – 六年级 students can take on the responsibility of welcoming and ensuring the safety of students coming into 原理图ool in the mornings.